This Saturday (Aug. 11), the Des Moines Farmers Market will be hosting ‘Health & Fitness Day.’
Be sure to stop by and check out the local groups that will be conducting demonstrations and sharing information.
Here are just a few of the groups that will be attending:
- Pier View Chiropractic: primary care through a holistic cause correction and prevention model. They provide chiropractic care, therapeutic, relaxation and Thai yoga massage, nutritional programs for weight loss, auto immune relief, ADHD management and anti-aging as well as physical therapy and rehab and sports performance enhancement. They will be doing complimentary chair massage, posture and balance screenings and have AdvoCare nutritional samples.
- Waterland CrossFit: inclusive functional fitness done in small group classes. You get well rounded work outs that are constantly varied and infinitely scalable to accommodate the competitive athlete to the sedentary middle ager. It is great for kids, grandparents and all ages in between. The first class is always free. They will have demos and answer any fitness or movement questions.
- Nerium AD: this is an up and coming company that focuses on skin care to reduce fine and deep lines, sun damage, stretch marks and scaring. The product is all natural, soy, gluten and dairy free. They will have a stress survey and skin care info.
- Mt. Rainer Pool: Info Booth.
- Karuna Yoga Arts/the Tag Zone: info, demo booth.
- The Senior Center/ NW Parkinsons Foundation: Info Booth.
Your Waterland Bloggers will also be present, but most likely in our usual, unhealthy state. However, we’ll be giving out FREE WTRLND oval car stickers so come by and see us!